Veneers, Crowns & Bridges
Veneers provide an alternative to traditional crowns or lengthy orthodontic treatment. They cover unattractive gaps, and can mask stained, misshapen or crooked teeth. Veneers are thin porcelain shells that are tailor-made to give you a natural, brighter smile. Veneers resists coffee, tea and cigarette stains; it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between a veneer and a natural tooth.
Benefits of Veneers
- A minimal amount of the natural tooth must be altered to fit the veneer, usually only one third of one millimeter!
- Veneers can be matched to make even the darkest teeth appear bright white.
- Restoring lost tooth length, increasing fullness and making small teeth larger –these are ideal indicators for veneers.
- Minor twists and overlaps, as well as small gaps, can be quickly corrected through the use of veneers.
A crown is a dental restoration that can strengthen and restore the entire top of a tooth. It can also be part of the attachment of a fixed bridge for the replacement of teeth. A crowned tooth is strengthened because it is covered from the outside with a high strength ceramic or metal casting. When properly planned, the placement of a crown can improve the functional contours of a tooth, reshaping it to match more effectively with the opposing teeth.
- Restore structural integrity to your tooth and improve its appearance.
- Are able to correct teeth that are discoloured or badly shaped.
- Cover and support a tooth in the following situation
- Where there is not enough tooth left for a filing;
- To attach a bridge or to cover a dental implant
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or even restore one that is already broken.
A dental bridge is a false tooth, known as a pontic, which is fused between two porcelain crowns to fill in the area left by a missing tooth. The two crowns, which hold it in place, are fixed onto your teeth on each side of the false tooth. This is known as a fixed bridge because the patient never needs to remove it. This procedure is used to replace one or more missing teeth. Bridges can reduce your risk of gum disease; help correct some bite issues and even improve your speech. Bridges require your commitment to serious oral hygiene, but will last as many as ten years or more. Other options for tooth replacement are removable partial dentures and dental implants.
Every tooth in your mouth provides support, structure and function to the jaw. Absence of even a single tooth can cause the adjacent teeth to tilt into the location of the missing tooth creating a traumatic bite.
- Restore function and make you look younger.
- Restore your ability to properly chew and speak.
- Maintain the shape of your face.
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly.
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
We are proud to be the first general practice in Oakville to offer iTero for 3D scanning! We feel it is a true win-win as it greatly improves your experience vs the mouthful of rubber impression material while delivering an unsurpassed level of accuracy to both Invisalign and Crown/Bridge/Veneer treatments as well as Night Guards.