Dr. DeSouza has a range of materials available to restore your teeth. Tooth coloured ceramic-reinforced resins allow restoration of small to medium sized defects in one office visit. Porcelain or high strength ceramics are sometimes indicated for moderate to large defects if a crown is not desirable. The office does not routinely use silver amalgams. Dr DeSouza selects products based upon independent research and always isolates teeth with a dental dam in order to best achieve long term success.
Restorative dentistry repairs oral tissues and enhances your dental health. The restoration of the oral tissues require technical skills and that the dentist be intimately involved in the decision-making process. After examining and investigating your dental history Dr. DeSouza reaches a diagnosis and produces your treatment plan options.
Reasons for restorative dentistry:
- Enhance your smile to make you look younger & more attractive.
- Fill in unattractive spaces between teeth
- Improve or correct an improper bite
- Prevent the loss of a tooth
- Relieve dental pain
- Repair damaged and decayed teeth
- Replace missing teeth
- Replace old, unattractive dental treatments
- Restore normal eating and chewing ability